Tuesday, April 21, 2009

April 21st

Caroline organised for me to go with her on a tour of the N.C. State campus on the final day of the conference. It was not only fun, but educational as well. I was way more interested than some of the other tourees, but I didn't have any questions which slowed things down endlessly. The Campus is much bigger than I had expected and they have a number of partnerships with real companies that provide students with real world experience. We walked through the Brickyard, which is the center of campus activities. There were a couple of guys there trying to get people to donate money to buy a real bell for the bell tower. I wanted to donate, but thought it might look bad to duck out of the tour to do so. After the tour we went to the bookstore so I could buy some cool NC State merch. We walked past Reynolds Coliseum, so I took this picture which was the only one for the day so I barely made my requirement. I also ran back to the Brickyard but the bell guys were gone.

No comments: