Saturday, April 18, 2009

April 18th

Saturday in Raleigh was super fun. I slept in and then walked around a little and had lunch at the Flying Saucer. Then Caroline returned from her conference stuff in time to drive me out to the NC State Red and White Game. For a practice game which essentially means nothing, I was surprised to see such a big crowd. They announced at halftime it was 21075. I think that part of that was the entry fee donation going to the Kay Yow Cancer Fund. I was pretty proud of the support until I read that Ohio State got 90000 plus to their spring game which is a little ridiculous, I guess there is nothing else to do in Ohio. After the game the fans were allowed down onto the field and after much waiting I finally got down there. It was a little strange walking around, I was not sure what to do. I didn't have anything for players to sign, plus I don't really know players names or importance. So instead I wandered around the field taking fotos and admiring a view I probably won't ever get to see again. As I was climbing the stands to leave I turned around a took this foto. I had thought that people were crowded around to take foto's with the wolf statue but really it was because Coach Tom O'Brien was standing right by the goal post.

No comments: