Monday, March 2, 2009

New Soccer Team

We played our first game with our new soccer team on Sunday. It was a lot of fun. We won 4-2, so that always makes it easier to enjoy. What happened was that Caroline was not happy with the BASL team she was playing on (or not as was the case). After talking to a couple of team mates she agreed to start a new team, even with me it didn't seem like we had enough people but another team was struggling to get numbers as well and we merged to form a complete team. It is seven a side with a minimum of three girls playing. We now have five girls and eight guys on our team and our second game is on Wednesday at 9 pm against the Wolfson tema which interestingly enough has four or five Shands doctors playing on it. I particularly want to beat them because they added one player from our corperate games team who I think is not a good player and yet they didn't ask me if I was interested in playing.

We played for our other team later on Sunday. It was not the disaster i was anticipating but we still lost, 2-0. We actually played really well but the other team has three or four subs and we had none. I was planning to stay back on defense but ended up playing forward. I had a couple of good chances at the beginning of the second half but shot straight at the keeper. With almost a whole mihute left of the game I took a ball to the face from about a meter away which was the perfect way to end the game. We only have one game left in that league and then I dont know if we will be playing there again.

Tuesday 3rd March update: The soccer ball to the face has given me my first ever black eye. Before you get all excited and expect to see a cool looking foto, let me explain. The ball was coming up and snapped my head back so the bruise has formed on the top of my eye not the bottom. So if I raise my eyebrows you can see it, but otherwise it is hidden.

No comments: