Sunday, March 29, 2009

Back To The Grind


After using up my spare blog ideas I am back to writing about what has been going on in Jacksonville. Caroline was gone last week for a spring break vacation to New York. SPRING BREAK WOHOO! she went with her mum and got to see some of the best bead stores and wool stores in the big city. She also caught up with some old friends and had a really fun time. She saw the filming of some new fashion show on Bravo and an episode of Late Night with Jimmy Fallon (guests include Mike Meyers and Anna Kournikova, Musical guests All American Rejects). while she was gone I tried to tidy up the condo with little success. We had a soccer game on Wednesday at 900 pm. We had tried to get it switched to an earlier time but apparently the other team didn't want their star player to miss the game. So the game was played as scheduled and we managed to get our asses kicked. With our one sub to their sixish we were getting worked from the beginning to the end. We had a couple of chances but nothing stuck and it ended up 11-0. We had another game this afternoon and despite our extra players it was a similar result. I started the game but was running on empty from the start. I started on the bench for the second half and when I came on I was actually playing decently in defense but the game was well gone by that point. We ended losing 8-0, I believe, or something to that degree. The other team actually had the gall to complain that we were taking to long retrieving the ball after they kicked it over the goal for the umpteenth time. They had one of their subs kick over an extra ball and were telling us to put on one of our subs to get the game going. We waited for our player to return with the ball and then kicked it in.

My interview for pharmacy school is this Friday and I am both excited and nervous. I called last week to set up my specific time, and left a message for the secretary to call me back.. When she did I set my time for 930 am. After the phone call I returned to my window at the front of the pharmacy and finished with the patient I was entering prescriptions for. I then thought I should email Caroline to let her know what was happening. When I opened my email I already had an email from Robin (my former boss who now works full time at the College of Pharmacy) telling me she would see me at 930 on the 3rd. I called my parents a couple of weeks ago and asked them to buy a University of Melbourne tie and send it to me. You would think that something like that I could just order on my own from their website. Truth is I could, but they wanted $30 in postage which I considered excessive. So the call was made and then relayed to Dave who was staying in St Kilda at the time. He went to the Bookstore and purchased said tie for me and then sent it over with the latest Triple J Hottest 100 CD, which was much appreciated. Postage on those two items was $28, so maybe I was wrong. Anyway I have the tie and my suit is just back from the dry cleaners, so Friday is the big day.....

No comments: