Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Living Vicariously

Anyone who knows me, knows that I am obsessed with tennis. I love every single thing about the sport. Being a lifelong soccer player, tennis has now taken over. After the babies, I might not even play soccer anymore (although I do always seem to get sucked back in). Anyway, being pregnant and not being able to play tennis has been very hard.

Despite appearances, I love being active. Before we got pregnant, I was training for a half marathon, playing on two soccer teams and about 4 tennis teams. It was really really hard to drop my level of activity to only swimming or walking. I don’t mind those two things, but for me to really get into an exercise, it needs to be a game. To me, there is no game in walking, which until recently when the weather warmed up, was my only option. Although if I'm being honest, the idea of getting into a bathing suit right now isn't top of my list...

Either way, the bottom line is that I miss tennis. As long as I can remember, the Jacksonville area has hosted a women's tennis tournament. It used to be out in Amelia Island, but last year it moved closer to us at the beach. It's called the MPS Group Championships and can be found here:

www.mpsgroupchamps.net

Last year I volunteered there in player services and had the best time, so I did it again this year. I am so glad I did! While the draw is smaller than most tournaments, and not a lot of the "big name" players come, I love it. I love getting to see the up and comers...and even the girls who are ranked in the 200's in the world are amazing players. So this year, I again volunteered in player services, watched a ton of tennis and had a blast.

I wonder if next year I'll be able to volunteer with two little ones at home?

Ultrasound on Thursday!! Stewart and I are ready to see the babies again!

1 comment:

Jessica Chism said...

I miss you lots at both tennis and soccer! Can't wait to hear how the ultrasound goes, and see more picutres of the little babies!