Thursday, April 1, 2010

April Fools COP Style

I had stayed up late last night studying for our PTX exam today. I slept in a little and then eventually went back to school this morning to continue studying. There was nothing else going on at school today so when I arrived in the lab there was no one there. I sat down in the same place I had occupied for most of the night an proceeded to continue reading the review I had downloaded from the message board. I got a text message from Andrew telling me the PBD grades from last week were up. I thought about it for a little while and decided that I wouldn’t look at it. I was not confident of what grade I would get. After reading some more of the review I responded to Andrew by asking what he got on the exam. He said he did well and got a mid nineties score. Figuring that was his usual effort and I would be okay I checked my score - 41.

I have not done that badly in any test in Pharmacy school. I immediately freaked out. I was not sure what I would tell Caroline or whether I could in fact pass the class with that low a score on an exam. The coming exam next Thursday is apparently the most difficult and if I couldn’t get through this then how would I improve? I felt like I did the few times I did talks in high school when I thought I was going to pass out. I texted Andrew and told him I had failed badly, his response was April Fools 41 is a joke.
What” was my response

They fooled us Everyone has a 41” he replied
to which I texted "

"Where is the real grade?" not realising that he had made up the fact he got a ninety something

Not up yet” was his reply

That is messed up.
How did you know this
” I didn't actually use the word messed but you get the idea of what i was conveying

EVERYONE has a 41” I don't think he realised I had figured it out at this point

Yeah I am reading the message board now” Which I was finding that everyone had panicked to some degree and I was not the only one that got caught out.

I am not sure that i recovered by this afternoon when we took the PTX exam but lucky for me there were 15 Brand/Generic medicine questions and I got all them right to make up somewhat for the mess I made of the multiple choice.

No comments: