Sunday, January 11, 2009

So much has happened...


Like i said this will probably come to a screeching halt sometime soon especially if all my interesting news manages to happen in one week which was the case this week. First and most importantly Immigration approved my application for permanent residency and they sent my new Green Card. It is not that different to the old one just a more recent picture and an expiry date of 01/02/2019. Next up after submitting all my pharmacy school application requirements over Christmas I got a confirmation email telling me that they had sent it in to the actual school(s). After learning this I checked online and found I had managed to secure a 3.86 GPA, which is really good. I'm sorry most important was the fact that Caroline booked our trip to Australia in July. We were able to use her dad’s frequent flyer miles so it was two tickets at a cost of $300 for taxes. I am not sure who is more excited Caroline (because of the Australian Sheep and Wool Show in Bendigo) or me (footy at the G, Essendon vs Richmond). We are planning to visit the family in Geelong and Mildura and hopefully get to Adelaide to expand our travels around Australia.

Our mixed doubles league finished up on Friday, Caroline (and partner Ted) won their match easily. In my match we got off to a slow start and lost the first set 6-4. We got behind to start the second set then battled back and were in a position to win the second set before we allowed the other team back in and it went to a tiebreaker. Before it started we asked the spectators if they had checked the lights and were assured that they were fine. We managed to get to a lead of 5-2 before the lights went out. We rescheduled for this morning and managed to win the tiebreaker. This set up another 10 point tiebreaker for the third set, which we folded up on losing 5-10.
That loss leads into co-ed soccer, which has just started a new season. We signed up as free agents and met our new team-mates tonight 5 minutes before the game started. We played one of the more competitive teams and got smashed. I don't even know what the final score was but we didn't score unless you count the own goal. It is going to be a long season.

No comments: