Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Why I Haven't Posted Yet


by Caroline.

I used to have a blog. Then I had another one. Then I was really excited about this one. So why haven't I posted yet?

One word...Knitting.

I'm completely obsessed. It's sad really. Poor Stewart. There is wool EVERYWHERE in this house. There are huge skeins of it on the table, in the corner and in the bedroom. There are scrap bits of it all over the floor, the table and bed. Fenway had a scrap bit on his mouth the other day and he didn't know it was there. And then he couldn't get it off. I have let this house be taken over by wool.

What's ironic is that my mom's house is completely taken over by beads. I always thought it was somewhat funny - always stepping on beads anywhere in the house. Having nowhere to eat dinner because of beads all over the table. I no longer have any room to talk.

That being said, recently I took part in a "Swap." (I know it sounds terrible.) Basically I paired up with another knitter and sent her a package, while someone else sent me one. The swap was October themed, so we could pick either Halloween or Oktoberfest. Guess which one I picked. Then it actually worked out perfectly because the woman sending me a package was from Germany! How appropriate. Her package was fun - it included German sweets and candy, yarn, a German CD of Oktoberfest songs (which has since been stolen by Stewart), stitch markers and hand-knitted mittens. I love them! My partner received a ton of Halloween stuff - in fact I might have gone a bit overboard. She loves gross, spooky things - so I included nasty looking candy and scary stuff. I also gave her nice yarn and stitch markers. She loved her package so it all worked out.

Speaking of mittens, I decided to tackle knitting a pair. But, I chickened out and just did fingerless mittens. I am so happy with how they turned out.


I have no idea who wears fingerless gloves...but who really needs full gloves in Florida?

1 comment:

Ian & Moira Morris said...

Great blog.
Good to read some different news not mentioned on the phone.
Excellent mittens. Could be useful to bring here next August !!!
Very impressed with the plumbing exploits - flush lever and fixing the plug blockage.