Sunday, October 26, 2008

No News Is Good News

Although I say there is no news I do have a few things to write about, Tennis Soccer and Home. Firstly tennis I finally won a first serve match in the new season. I moved up to 3.5 this season I have played 3 matches so far. I lost the first one 6-1, 6-4 which is fairly convincing but the first set all the first four games went to deuce and I made the mistake of scheduling it on a Saturday morning after I played mixed doubles Friday night, and lost, and then went to a party that night. My second match was closer and finished 7-6, 6-2, it was a lot of fun though. The third one I learned from my first match and we played on a Saturday afternoon. I lost the first set 6-2 but then came back to win the second 6-3 going in to the third set I knew I just had to keep putting the ball back and I would have a chance. I finally won it 7-5. Coupled with this I finally won a mixed doubles match I played Line 3 with Dee Stoudimire and we crushed the other team 6-0, 6-0.

The soccer season is finishing up we have one more game next week. We got beat tonight by the Yellow Cards. We finished the season 6-2 losing to the La Nopolera Crew and Not City teams. We did beat the Yellow Cards 3-1 during the regular season, but I don't think they had all their players that week. Unfortunately the reverse was true this time for the quarterfinals. Our two top goal scorers were absent, and another of our best players showed up at half time. By that stage we were already 3-0 down. They managed to push forward and pressure us forcing goals. After the second I moved from defense to midfield and forward. I did get one nice cross from Julio right onto my head which I smashed into the outside net of the goal. I actually played a really good game in my opinion. I had a couple of good forward passes that we failed to capitalize on. So we have our consolation game next week then we will see what happens for next season I know we are not going to pay for the entire team again.

I have been trying to work around the house to make sure the place doesn’t fall down around us. The trip arm on the toilet broke so I had the top tank open so we could at least pull the chain to make it flush but that is a little dodgy even for me. So I headed to
Ace Hardware to see if they had the required implements to try and fix the toilet. I found the plumbing aisle had all kinds of toilet repair items and selected the required piece - a flush lever. Returning home I emptied the tank and turned the tap off so it wouldn’t refill. Then I took out what remained of the old lever and put in the new one, all up it took me 12 minutes 6 of which I spent looking for tools. A week later Caroline mentioned that the bathroom sink was draining slowly and she had put drain cleaner in it and nothing had changed. I told her I would take a look at it this past weekend. On Saturday I took apart the pipe and discovered the blockage was right at the top near the drain so I looked online at a video on clearing blocked drains and discovered how to take out the plug attachment. Once I had done this the accumulated gunk was easy to clear out and I reassembled the plug. So now we have a toilet that flushes and a sink that drains, Stewart 2 - Bathroom 0. My next job is to work on the shower....

No comments: