Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The Family

I came home from work today and took Fenway out to the store and got him a harness. I was worried about him because he was always straining at the lead and choking himself on his collar when I walked him. Of course when I walked him tonight with the harness he was perfect which is not like him at all but the harness was a success, huzzah!

Of course saying all that, I have not introduced the members of the family. So for anyone that is not familiar I will make the introductions. First of course is Fenway. He is our black Pomeranian that we have had for about six months.
We rescued him from a place outside of Orlando. His old owner died and he was in Animal Rescue before the adoption people found him and took him out of there. Caroline spotted him on their website moments after I relented and told her we could get a dog. Once she had seen him the deal was done and we drove down to pick him up. He is a good boy most of the time his favourite passtime is eating cat food or cat poop whichever is available. After that he loves chewing holes in my socks. He has a toy rubber frog which I call New Frog. He did have a soft frog (Ramon) which he chewed the eyes off and pulled out the stuffing. I felt sorry for him and found him a new soft frog which he then proceeded to chew the eyes off in about 5 minutes, not even enough time to name the poor thing. So that is how he got New Frog.

Next is Cat. Her real name is Snow Angel but when Caroline adopted her she didn't like that name but couldn't think of a new one and after a while Cat was the one that stuck. Cat enjoys sleeping and avoiding Fenway. At first we tried to keep them apart to help Cat adjust but now we let them play and she seems to hold her own. The failsafe is to run away if Fenway gets too rough, but she will swipe him good if she needs to.

I was trying to get a photo of both of them sitting on the chair together but as soon as the camera was ready they both ran.

No comments: