Monday, October 12, 2009

Picking up the slack...

Our poor blog. Pharmacy school is the worst thing to happen to our blog - but the best thing for our family. Stewart was the SOLE updater of this blog and now he's too busy to do it, so I must pick up the slack. So far, so bad as I've only done so once.

This past weekend I spent in Daytona playing in the 6.0 Mixed Doubles USTA Sectional tournament. Basically, I play tennis. This league in particular is mixed doubles, meaning I play with a man. Because our level is 6.0, my rating and my partner's rating cannot exceed 6.0. So I am 3.0, meaning I must play with another 3.0. My partner is REALLY GOOD, but I was still nervous because as good as he is, I still have to carry my weight. On Friday and Saturday we did group play, meaning we were in a draw with four other teams. We basically had to play every team and win to make it to the finals. Well, we did. We then played the final on Sunday against Pensacola....and we won, making us the sectional champions. We are the only 6.0 team from Florida to go to Nationals...which is in Tucson Arizona! Very exciting.

I have also set some new goals for myself. The first one is that I want to cook more. Stewart needs better meals prepared for him...or really ANY meals prepared for him. I've been looking at a lot of cookbooks and online recipes and as soon as I have more time, that's my plan. The thing that's putting a kink in my new goal is the fact that Soccer coaching starts today. From this day on, I will not get home before 6:15 pm every night....so cooking dinner looks dim. Poor Stewart :(

No comments: