Monday, May 23, 2011

Coupons

So ever since money has been tighter with the addition of O and M, I've started clipping coupons. People laughed at me at first - but I've got the last laugh! Now, don't expect to see me on Extreme Couponing or anything...I'm certainly not building a stockpile...but getting things for cheap/free is nice - especially when it's stuff you'd buy anyway.

Example:

CVS today I bought

4 Axe Deoderants - $5.49 each (on sale at 3/$13) - I had two buy one get one free coupons and there was a promotion to get $3 Extra Care Bucks when you bought 3.

4 Suave Bodywashes - $2.77 each on sale for $2 - I had two BOGO coupons and there was an extra care bucks promotion for $4 ECB when you bought $10 of Suave stuff

2 Suave deoderant - $1.37 each on sale for $1 Also had a $.50 off coupon

So what WOULD have cost $35.78 cost $14.11, plus $7 ECB leaving a total cost of $7.11.

Now THAT is savings...

No comments: