Monday, June 22, 2009

The Worst Blogger Ever.

Ok Ok, I know that I am the worst blogger ever. I think I've blogged once. Maybe. But this past weekend I had the best time and I decided this was the perfect blog post idea.

So one of my best friends in the entire world (Since college) had a gorgeous baby girl about 7 months ago. She is truly one of the cutest babies I've seen in a long time and her name is Mattie. She's perfect in every way! Much to my surprise, Meg asked me to be Mattie's godmother. I was beyond excited. I mean, I've never been a godmother before, but knowing how close Meg and I are, I was ecstatic. Up until this point, being a godmother was more a title than anything else - but on Sunday, Mattie was baptized.

Believe it or not, Baptism requires rehearsal - so we did on Saturday. Meg and her husband Jon showed up with Mattie and Jon's brother David, the godfather. We spent about an hour walking through the ceremony and learning the meaning behind the ritual, etc, etc. Then, on Sunday, Stewart and I showed up at Meg's house at 9:30 to help set up for the post-ceremony luncheon. We all arrived at the church by 10 am.

The ceremony was great. There were four babies getting baptized that morning, and alphabetically, Mattie was last. She was so well behaved! She's only about 7 months old - so to be that behaved was shocking to me. Even as the water was being poured over her head, she was great. As godmother I had a few rolls. I had to speak out loud in response to the priest, take care of a candle, and a banner. Between David and I, we did a great job! Then it was home for the luncheon.

I got Mattie a gorgeous pearl necklace called an add-a-pearl necklace. Each year, at Christmas, I am going to get her another pearl for the necklace!! Meg loved it and I hope that when Mattie is old enough, she will too. I am so excited to be a godparent for the first time!

Other than that - the only thing going on is knitting and a countdown to Australia. (currently knitting socks for me, socks for mom for her birthday, and three weeks to Oz!) I can't wait. Ok that's it for me. Look for another blog post in about 6 months!! :)

No comments: